This simple soup recipe is filled to the rim with negative calorie effect foods. Not only are the ingredients low in calories, but they help burn body fat. Try out this comforting vegetable soup to get your metabolism going.
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower floretts
- 1 cup green beans, cut into about 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium zucchini, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup small turnip, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and deveined, finely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
1. Combine all ingredients, except the spinach, in a soup pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes. Add a little salt and pepper if desired.
3. Stir in the spinach and cook for another minute.
4. Remove from heat and serve.