Tasty fruits that are rich in calcium and loaded with various other essential vitamins are greatly beneficial for the body.
Calcium is a mineral that helps maintain healthy and strong bones. It also plays several other essential roles including nerve and muscle function.
Dairy products and eggs contain calcium, but it is difficult for people who follow a vegan diet to meet the daily requirement of about 1,000 mg of calcium per day without including dairy and eggs in their diet.
It is essential to consume calcium-rich fruits, vegetables, and grains. Various calcium-rich fruits help maintain healthy, strong bones, and teeth. Additionally, calcium-rich foods prevent:
Learn the fifteen fruits rich in calcium below.
15 fruits that are rich in calcium
- Oranges: One of the best fruits that are rich in calcium. They contain 45 to 50 mg of calcium per 100 grams and various vitamins. They provide fiber and are rich in antioxidants.
- Apricots: The best sources of calcium. Dried apricots taste good and are healthy. Apricots usually contain about 15 mg of calcium per 100 grams of serving. You may include them with other calcium-rich foods.
- Dried figs: Rich sources of calcium and contain 160 mg per 100 grams of serving. Dried figs are one of the best sources of calcium, providing the required calcium to make your bone and teeth stronger and healthier. They can be included in your diet as whole fruits, smoothies, and desserts.
- Kiwis: Tasty fruits that are rich in calcium and loaded with various other essential vitamins that are beneficial for the body. People of all age groups eat kiwis, and kiwis can be included in your diet in the form of whole fruit, smoothies, juice, etc. Kiwis contain 30 mg of calcium per 100-gram serving—60 mg of calcium in one glass of kiwi juice.
- Rhubarb: Considered both a fruit and vegetable although technically it is a vegetable. It is loaded with calcium and other nutrients that are beneficial for the body. One cup of rhubarb juice contains 300 mg of calcium. This fruit can be added to your diet as desserts and juices.
- Mulberries: Calcium-rich and delicious foods. One cup of mulberry contains 55 mg of calcium. It can be included in your diet as whole fruits, smoothies, juice, and desserts.
- Prickly pears: Excellent sources of calcium. They contain 83 mg of calcium per cup, and one whole fruit contains 58 mg of calcium. They are also rich in other nutrients such as vitamin C, potassium, beta-carotene, and many other nutrients. These fruits can be added to your diet as juices and whole fruits.
- Prunes: Well known for their disease-fighting capacity. One glass of prune juice contains 55 mg of calcium. Prunes can be included in your regular diet in whole fruits and juices.
- Grapefruits: One of the best fruits that are tasty and rich in calcium. These fruits help regulate pressure and maintain a healthy heart. One cup of grapefruit juice contains 50 mg of calcium. These fruits can be included in your foods as whole fruit or juices.
- Blackcurrants: Considered an essential source of calcium for women. This fruit has a positive effect on women’s health. Blackcurrants are beneficial for pregnant women, reducing inflammation, and keeping away the menopausal effects on women. A 100-gram serving of blackcurrant contains 55 mg of calcium. These fruits can be included in your diet as whole fruits and juices.
- Limes (fruit): Rich in calcium. A 100-gram serving of lime contains 33 mg of calcium. In addition, lime has various other nutrients, such as vitamin C. It is loaded with antioxidants that help fight against diseases, maintain clear and healthy skin, and relieve gastrointestinal issues such as constipation. It can be served as whole fruit or in the form of juices.
- Papayas: Considered healthy and tasty with various nutrients that are beneficial for our body. They are one of the calcium-rich foods that contain 20 mg of calcium per 100 grams of serving. They may also protect you from colon cancer risks and boost your cardiac health. Papaya contains an enzyme called papain that helps relieve pain. Juices, whole fruit, and desserts can be included in your diet.
- Strawberries: Reddish-pink and loaded with various nutrients. These fruits contain 16 mg of calcium for 100 grams of serving. Strawberries have various other health benefits, such as they help boost immunity and improve vision. They can be included in your diet as whole fruits, smoothies, juices, and desserts.
- Bananas: Commonly available fruits that are good sources of calcium. A cup of sliced bananas gives about 8 mg of calcium. In addition, they are well known for their digestive benefits, improving immunity, regulating blood sugar levels, and helping prevent cardiovascular diseases. Bananas can be included as whole fruits, shakes, and smoothies in your diet.
- Guavas: Healthy and tasty fruits that are good sources of calcium. They contain 18 mg of calcium per 100 grams of serving. In addition, they are rich in vitamin C, lycopene, and antioxidants. These fruits help improve immunity, and these folic acid-rich fruits are helpful for pregnant women. They can be included in your diet as whole fruits and juices.