35 Pieces Of Clothing That’ll Help Make 2023 The Comfiest Year Ever
Being cozy over everything.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
POPULAR PRODUCTS FROM THIS LIST
- A half-zip pullover to celebrate *cue trumpets and horns* sweater season. Available in a ton of neutral hues, pair this with jeans, leggings, or slack…
- An open-front cardigan worthy of all the compliments it’s bound to receive. Slipping this on over a wrinkled white tee and your most faded denim = upp…
- A batwing sweater complete with an asymmetrical hem you’ll want to pair with leggings, combat boots, and a trendy fedora for a look that says, “Why ye…
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women’s.
1. A plaid shirt that’s just inspired me to scour Airbnb for a staycation in the middle of nowhere. I can picture it already: surrounded by nature, drinking coffee in a semi-modern cabin with floor-to-ceiling windows.. all while wearing this top.
2. An oversized faux shearling jacket so soft, you’ll basically feel as if you’re wearing a combination of your favorite blanket and most cuddly teddy bear. Comfortable + super on-trend + much more affordable than your typical piece of outerwear = bliss.
3. A matching set for lounging around and doing nothing, but the subtle pant pleats also make the whole thing très trendy. Need to run errands? Have a friend stopping by? Don’t want to show up to the Zoom call in your pajamas? This cozy duo is perfect for all scenarios.
4. A huggably soft two-piece cuffed sleeve and shorts set that is basically a gazillion options in one: Wear this as a matching ensemble, throw on the crop top with jeans, pair the bottoms with your favorite sweater, and the list goes on.
5. A pajama set with over 1,000 glowing reviews that scream “Target, you’ve done it again.” This matching top and bottom set is made from a buttery soft fabric so lovely, you’ll be belting out a Celine Dion ballad at first wear.
6. Fleece-lined leggings described by one reviewer as a magical furry leg dream and wow, what a compliment. These babies will keep you warm in freezing temperatures best described as “I can see my breath.”
7. A deliciously cozy sweater dubbed “The Cloud Turtleneck” thanks to a luxurious blend of merino wool, pima cotton, and alpaca yarn. Pair this with wide-leg trousers to make the great Matilda Djerf proud.
8. A feather-adorned button-up set likely worn by Blair Waldorf herself. I never thought the phrase “party pajamas” would be in my vocabulary, but here I am — recommending a pair of party pajamas.
9. A seamless set featuring a ribbed material best described as divine. Reviewers swear that the compressive fabric feels durable and supportive, making it the perfect ensemble for hikes and gym sessions alike.
10. A longline cardigan best described by the phrase “wearable blanket.” Designed with a slouchy silhouette and oversized collar, think of this pretty layer as step one toward reaching peak ’90s rom-com, Nancy Meyers-inspired fashion.
11. An asymmetric midi sweater dress with a body-skimming silhouette that’s what the youths would refer to as fire. And the best part of this simple number? You can wear it with any shoe, from sandals, to pumps, to knee-high boots.
12. A pair of plaid knit leggings for a look that one-ups your favorite black yoga bottoms (but is still significantly more comfortable than any of the denim residing inside your Ikea drawers).
13. A pair of fleece-lined jeggings bound to make your heart go pitter-patter if you despise the cold but *also* hate the bulky feeling of layering leggings under denim. Presenting a stylish solution with an ultra-high rise, to boot!
14. An open-front cardigan worthy of all the compliments it’s bound to receive. Slipping this on over a wrinkled white tee and your most faded denim = upping your ~chic~ factor by about 97%. You can’t argue with science.
15. A tortoise-shell button-down destined to fall into the “I should’ve bought this sooner” section of your wardrobe. This classic silhouette paired with a corduroy fabric = cold weather perfection.
16. A fleece hoodie dress that I intend on buying/hibernating in all winter long. 🎶 So long, farewell, gotta add this to my Amazon cart. 🎶
17. An open-front cardigan that’ll have you thinking “hark the herald” because angels do sing — at last, you’ve found the perfect layer to keep you warm and trendy. One that will never clash with an outfit.
18. A comfortable loungewear set if you work from home and need a swap from your pajamas — this features ribbed pants, a U-neck tank, and a long cardigan that feels more put-together than the flannel pants and oversized tee you’ve been wearing whilst answering emails.
19. A V-neck ribbed sweater with the word versatility written all over it in invisible ink. This wardrobe basic can be worn to anything, with anything — and it’s great for the sightly chilly days of fall and full-blown freezing temps of winter.
20. A super-duper-cozy loungewear set I am currently adding to my cart right now — and yes, in the process, I am romanticizing every Hallmark and true crime marathon I’ll be having this winter. Hot cocoa in hand. The weather app showing freezing temps. Bliss.
21. A baggy overall for anyone who detests having to scrounge up a matching top and bottom, plus wants to look peak Instagram-worthy in their loungewear — all you’ll have to do is slip this on over a bralette *or* a sleeved tee.
22. A faux fur trim parka you’re about to wish you owned decades earlier. The neutral hue paired with massive pockets = outerwear perfection.
23. A pair of sherpa-lined sweats to make your legs feel as if they’re being enveloped by a large, fluffy bathrobe. If you’re dreading the winter and are perpetually cold (#me), then these babies should already be in your shopping cart.
24. An oversized turtleneck faintly calling out for — do you hear it? — a pair of OTK boots. Perk up your ears, folks, because the heart wants what it wants and *this* sweater demands to be worn exclusively with trendy (preferably suede and heeled) shoes.
25. A knee-length sherpa cardigan coat you’ll regret not having purchased, like, 10 years ago. This is perfection in outerwear form: chic, warm, cozy, and can be layered over fancy and casual outfits alike.
26. A crewneck sweater intentionally designed to be super cropped, hitting *just* at the sweet spot of your torso when wearing high-waisted jeans. If you detest tucking in tops, et voilà — you’ve just unlocked your new favorite clothing plaything.
27. A V-neck dress crafted from 100% merino wool, which manages to be lightweight yet unbelievably warm. And the best part? This cardigan-inspired beauty is 50% off right now — so buh-bye, as I’ll have to purchase all seven colors immediately.
28. A half-zip pullover to celebrate *cue trumpets and horns* sweater season. Available in a ton of neutral hues, pair this with jeans, leggings, or slacks for a comfy but put-together look.
29. A ribbed knit tunic that screams cozy holiday style thanks to an oversized, ultra-comfortable style — one that can be worn as a minidress with booties *or* a plain old sweater with leggings.
30. A batwing sweater complete with an asymmetrical hem you’ll want to pair with leggings, combat boots, and a trendy fedora for a look that says, “Why yes, this is something you have saved to a Pinterest board.”
31. A two-piece set for early mornings when the only effort you’d like to muster up is reserved for caffeine making and caffeine making, only. This ‘fit is easy peasy.
32. A long-sleeved jumpsuit that requires absolutely 👏 no 👏 effort 👏. Finding a matching top and bottom before your morning cup of coffee is inconceivable, so we suggest slipping this cozy one-piece on instead.
33. High-waisted flare pants available in 16 colors and, consider this a warning, you’ll want to stock up on every one. Over 8,000 reviewers swear that these babies are heaven in clothing form — buttery soft, amazingly stretchy, and perfect for any occasion.
34. A short slouchy cardigan practically begging to be added to your wardrobe. This easy-breezy layer is made from a cozy knit that is equal portions comfortable and stylish — simply drape it over anything in your wardrobe for a kick of warmth.
35. A ribbed knit pencil skirt, the free gift with purchase being immediate Instagram fame. This is far too trendy to be worn without photographic proof tbqh.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.