Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Feel like having enchiladas tonight but don’t want to fuss around with the stuffing and baking? This one-dish rice skillet has all the flavour of enchiladas, comes together in record time and the rice and chicken cook to perfection right in the sauce.
- 1 lb (454 g)boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 mL)olive oil
- 2 cups (500 mL)chopped red pepper
- 4 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL)chili powder
- 1 canCAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cream of Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)water
- 1 cup (250 mL)PACE® Chunky Mild Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)dry instant white rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 eachgreen onion, finely chopped
- Season the chicken as desired. Heat the oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the peppers, garlic and chili powder. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Stir in the soup, water and salsa; heat to a boil. Stir in the rice. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender, the liquid is absorbed and the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the green onions.
- Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
- To save time, cut your peppers and garlic while the chicken is cooking.